Arcana Comics has a special offer for the holidays. Order a copy of SideShows, available for pre-order now through your local comic book shop and online retailers, and a copy of a limited edition poster will come with every copy of the book, shipping in February!
SideShows, which has received a great deal of attention the last several months since SDCC 2011, is available for pre-order now and as a special bonus for fans out there pre-ordering a copy through their local retailers, you will get a limited edition poster, ONLY available with the initial run of the book! The art is a new creation of book artist, Michael David Nelsen, but to give you an idea, below is an extended copy of SideShows!
BELOW IS A WORK IN PROGRESS VERSION OF THE POSTER. JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE FINAL VERSION!
SideShows, which debuted in limited quantities at SDCC 2010 in advance of its official reelase, will appear in Diamond Previews’ December issue (Diamond Code DEC110804 / ISBN 978-1-926914-51-0). The book made quite a splash and even drew the attention of some major creators in the comic book industry. See below for a preview and some quotes.
- “Dark, disturbing, envelope-pushing stuff. Bring your brain and pay attention. The ride is worth it.” – Jim Shooter (MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER, DOCTOR SOLAR)
- “A cool story, told with loads of pace and verve.” – Mike Carey (UNWRITTEN, X-MEN LEGACY)
- “Energetic, dynamic art and a great story. I enjoyed this thoroughly, and you will, too.” – Mark Waid (DAREDEVIL, IRREDEEMABLE)
- “Vegas gangsters, circus freaks, magic, guns and violence – all served up in a blaze of glory that burns across the page.” – J.T. Krul (GREEN ARROW, TEEN TITANS)
- “The gorgeous, almost impressionist, art contrasted with the darkness of the seedy underbelly of Vegas plot makes for a gripping story. The addition of supernatural powers is icing on the cake.“ – Jim Hardison (Dark Horse’s THE HELM)
- “Visually Stunning with a dynamic story that pulls you in and doesn’t let go. Erik Hendrix and Michael David Nelsen have made one hell of a book.” – Michael Easton (SOUL STEALER, Vertigo’s GREEN WOMAN).
- “Atmospheric and richly textured, like a circus-fueled pulp novel played out across the page. SideShows gives greed, gangsters and gambling a fresh spin.” – Jim Zub (SKULLKICKERS)
- ” A beautifully realised comic.” - Charlie Adlard (WALKING DEAD)
- “Bizarre. And violent. What more is there? Okay, how about side show freaks and gangsters all doing business in the one city we all wish we could’ve visited: Vegas in the ’50′s.” – Andy Lieberman (COWBOY NINJA VIKING)
- “Wow! This book’s like an unholy alliance between Ben Templesmith and Marc Chagall! How can that not be rad?” – Nate Simpson (NONPLAYER)
Written by Erik Hendrix with art by Michael David Nelsen, SideShows is set in 1950′s Las Vegas, where the mob enlisted former circus attractions as their aces in the hole. These SideShows had a little secret… they really did have the abilities they pretended to. The Rat Pack was in their prime, the bartenders knew your name, and the same guy who comped your rooms could put a hit on you for stiffing him a tip. High rollers, lounge singers, cigarettes, alcohol, and superpowers. Welcome to Las Vegas!
Diamond code: DEC110804
Price: $9.95 (US)
Arcana Project Site: http://www.arcana.com/view_title.php?id=210