Comic Book Page Podcast interviewed Erik Hendrix, creator/writer of SideShows, for their December Previews Spotlight. Head over to their web site by CLICKING HERE to listen to the whole thing. Erik is about 61 minutes, 30 seconds into the podcast. Enjoy and be sure to pick up a copy of SideShows, available for pre-order now in Diamond Previews’ December issue and select online retailers.
Keep in mind that if you pre-order a copy of the book, you will receive a free limited edition poster when it ships!
- “Dark, disturbing, envelope-pushing stuff. Bring your brain and pay attention. The ride is worth it.” – Jim Shooter (MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER, DOCTOR SOLAR)
- “A cool story, told with loads of pace and verve.” – Mike Carey (UNWRITTEN, X-MEN LEGACY)
- “Energetic, dynamic art and a great story. I enjoyed this thoroughly, and you will, too.” – Mark Waid (DAREDEVIL, IRREDEEMABLE)
- “Vegas gangsters, circus freaks, magic, guns and violence – all served up in a blaze of glory that burns across the page.” – J.T. Krul (GREEN ARROW, TEEN TITANS)
- “The gorgeous, almost impressionist, art contrasted with the darkness of the seedy underbelly of Vegas plot makes for a gripping story. The addition of supernatural powers is icing on the cake.“ – Jim Hardison (Dark Horse’s THE HELM)
- “Visually Stunning with a dynamic story that pulls you in and doesn’t let go. Erik Hendrix and Michael David Nelsen have made one hell of a book.” – Michael Easton (SOUL STEALER, Vertigo’s GREEN WOMAN).
- “Atmospheric and richly textured, like a circus-fueled pulp novel played out across the page. SideShows gives greed, gangsters and gambling a fresh spin.” - Jim Zub (SKULLKICKERS)
- ” A beautifully realised comic.” - Charlie Adlard (WALKING DEAD)
- “Bizarre. And violent. What more is there? Okay, how about side show freaks and gangsters all doing business in the one city we all wish we could’ve visited: Vegas in the ’50′s.” - Andy Lieberman (COWBOY NINJA VIKING)
- “Wow! This book’s like an unholy alliance between Ben Templesmith and Marc Chagall! How can that not be rad?” – Nate Simpson (NONPLAYER)
Written by Erik Hendrix with art by Michael David Nelsen, SideShows is set in 1950′s Las Vegas, where the mob enlisted former circus attractions as their aces in the hole. These SideShows had a little secret… they really did have the abilities they pretended to. The Rat Pack was in their prime, the bartenders knew your name, and the same guy who comped your rooms could put a hit on you for stiffing him a tip. High rollers, lounge singers, cigarettes, alcohol, and superpowers. Welcome to Las Vegas!
Diamond code: DEC110804
Price: $9.95 (US)
Arcana Project Site: http://www.arcana.com/view_title.php?id=210